Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Rome//Vatican City

You know what I have a lot of free time so might as well fill it in with some blogging , TravelingTales2k11 .

We started in Rome . Continued our journey to Florence , Verona ( where Gulietta/Juliet's balcony was how exciting ! ) , Venice , Assisi and then drove down to the south of Italy which was Sorrento , took a boat to Capri , Amalfi ( the bus ride that gave me the mother of all car sickness ) and back to Rome where we stayed for another 2 nights . The tour group was pretty small compared to the others I saw which was 40pax . Woa how alternative ! * ba dum tss *

St.Peter's Square in Vatican City reached via della Conciliazione ( I advice you to bring a journal and write everything down ) It was BEAUTIFUL . A little head's up 'beautiful' is going to be my most used adjective .

Our tour guide , she's the real deal . Explained everything in complete detail it was history class 2.0 . Everyone was drained after 3 hours of walking and listening , you see we headed straight to Vatican City right after landing in Rome . Note : 12 hours flight . and it was a full day walking tour . But who's to complain ey ? I appreciated every moment spent there .





Below are pictures taken in St.Peter's Basilica. Was told by __ ( I can't remember her name god bless her knowledgable soul ) this is St.Peter's burial site . St.Peter is one of the 12 apostles and also the first bishop of Rome . The interior of this church is magnificently decorated with marble , relics , religious art and sculptures . Sun rays are seen shining through the windows , catholics praying , people's faces stunned by its sacred beauty . Wow I was overwhelmed .


This is my last post about Italy because I really cba to blog about it hahahahahahahha . Maybe I should just scan my travel journal and publish it? For one week I have been waking up at 2 . Turning over a new leaf tomorrow ! 3 different alarms set at 8 am so this better work Oh and currently working on a little project involving the pictures I took using my film camera and my journal . I actually have other things that needs to be done before the holidays end ... like school work . smfh .


No comments:

Post a Comment